What does it mean to have a Core Community Friend award? Well, the people who get this award would have done work to help the Sitecore community. It might include some of the following:
- Share your knowledge with the community via blog posts, videos, etc.
- Present at User groups and/or conferences.
- Create, maintain and share Sitecore modules.
- Create & maintain open source projects on sites such as GitHub.
- Organize User groups and/or conferences.
- Active on StackOverflow.com and Sitecore.StackExchange.com
- Active on Social channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook Sitecore Groups & Slack.
- Share your knowledge with the community.
- and more..
You could be a Sitecore employee, Sitecore MVP or a Sitecore developer, it does not matter. What matters is how much you interact with the community and help the community.
The election has two phases:
Application – CLOSED
During this phase we would encourage people to submit their application based on the predefined template. This phase will be open for about 30 days. Following the Application phase, we will gather all the entries, create an election poll with links to individual application information links. Users can comment on individual Applications and provide feedback or have a dialogue with the applicant.
The Application process will be open until October 10, 2017.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone who has been working with Sitecore can apply. There are no restrictions. You could be a Sitecore employee, Sitecore MVP or have been working with Sitecore.
Election – CLOSED
Once the site is updated with the Names and the application links, we will enable the Poll similar to the example shown below for a month. At the end of the month the results will be tallied and the top 10 results will be awarded the Core Community Friend Award.
The voting platform chosen will allow for one vote per person. You are allowed to select more than one name for your vote. For example: you could choose five of the names on the list and cast your vote.
Voting ends October 26th 2017.
Internal Election – Closed
This phase begins once the election is completed. The details will be revealed once the phase starts. The credit for this phase goes to Mark Cassidy.
The final phase of this process, Phase 3 started on October 27th 2017. The details of this phase will be made public once the Internal Election is done. Thank you.
Learnings for 2019
Here are the learnings for 2019:
- Nomination is crucial to weed out applications.
- Nomination also encourages a lot more folks to sign up as opposed to self application.
- Setup a minimum criteria to apply.